Monday, March 12, 2007

Word Association

Most people don't associate "Saturday night" with work. In fact, most people wouldn't associate "Saturday night" with anything that I experienced on mine. The night started off with me finding out that I was going to be working with my friend who is roughly the same age and has the same amount of experience as I do. Sweet. We thought the night would be smooth sailing but it turned out to be more like going down a flight of stairs on your tailbone.

Things started off okay, some light conversation and some music emitting from the radio at a low volume. We went to the mall to pick up a shoplifter. This girl was around our age and visibly upset. Fortunately for her, we are jokesters and felt the need to cheer her up and explain the process she would be going through in the near future.

After that the shit didn't just hit the proverbial fan, it hit everything in the room. So we go to this accident in front of Aquarius Bar. I have been to this place before but never as a patron. It's the type of place to go if you want to have your melon cut open by some Crocodile Dundee knife wielding drunk from Central or South America. When we get there we see a 7 series BMW and a Suzuki Esteem in back of it with it's hood looking like an isoceles triangle. There's a young couple in the beemer and the driver of the Suzuki is on the sidewalk with his fly open and an equilibrium problem haha ha. Before the ambulance came to take the girl I asked the fellow on the sidewalk for the keys to the car (in my limited Spanish) and he started to pull stuff out of his wallet. When I clarified what I wanted, he proceeded to rifle through the interior of his car. There were wires hanging from the steering column and cigarette ash everywhere. At this point I sat him in the back of our car. The whole scene with drunk hecklers/onlookers and the comments made by my colleague and this fella made it tough to keep a straight face, let alone concentrate. Since he was a little under the weather and his girlfriend's car was getting towed, we gave this cat a ride home. *Note* Almost the entire time he was in our backseat he was repeating, "I gotta make a leak. I gotta make a leak." and "Papi I gotta make leak, or I'm gonna break my shit." When we got to his house and let him out he proceeded to "make a leak" all over the street/curb. This was about an hour into my shift!

After that we dealt with a young lady who had her ex and his family hanging from and climbing her fire escape, and the proprietor of a gas station getting socked in the mouth because of a dispute over a loose Black & Mild. I forget what else occured but I do remember my chicken caesar wrap amongst the madness.

Now we are going to another accident, only this time it's on the highway- kind of. One car has a guy and two girls in it in the left lane, and the other has none. Almost like "this little piggy" but not. Apparently 3 people ran off after they had caused this accident and rolled their car over a few times. After all is said and done we give the three a ride home. The one girl's name happened to be Massa so I decided to have a little fun. I told her that I knew my way around but that it'd be easier if she just gave me directions.
"Okay, you have to make a right up here."
"Yes Massa."
"At the stop sign make a left." (not to be confused with leak)
"Yes Massa."
It went right over their heads. On the way back we handled a brawl in and out of a fraternity house. It was quite a melee but nowhere near as funny as everything leading up to it. That more or less ended our night. Thank god for daylight savings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. Yes, Massa. Did your partner crack up?